FDC name:Hong Kong Museums Collection.
Issue Date:16th May 2008.
Details:Hong Kong maintains a favourable cultural environment where there exists a myriad of museums with gorgeous arrays of exhibits. Hongkong Post issues this series of "Hong Kong Museums Collection" special stamps on the theme of Chinese calligraphy and painting, presenting six selected exhibits from the Hong Kong Museum of Art, the Art Museum of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Heritage Museum, and the University Museum and Art Gallery of The University of Hong Kong. With a glimpse of the calligraphic works and paintings of celebrated Chinese artists, we can admire the beauty of culture, thereby realising the importance of heritage and art conservation.The details Denominations & stamps are:
- $1.40: Poem in Running Script -WANG Duo (1592 - 1652)/ Dated 1631/ Height 286.5 cm; Width 70.8 cm/ Xubaizhai Collection of the Hong Kong Museum of Art;
- $1.80: Landscape after the Style of Huang Gongwang -WANG Yuanqi (1642 - 1715)/ Dated 1703/ Height 100.2 cm; Width 46.5 cm/ Xubaizhai Collection of the Hong Kong Museum of Art;
- $2.40: Calligraphy of WANG Youjun- WANG Xizhi (303 - 361)/ A Page from Song Rubbing, Quanzhou version of Chunhua Ge Tie/ Ink rubbing on paper/ Album of 68 leaves, each leaf of 25 cm x 13.6 cm/ Donated by Bei Shan Tang/ Collection of Art Museum, The Chinese University of Hong Kong;
- $2.50: Bird in Moonlight -GAO Qifeng (1889 - 1933)/ Dated 1910/ Hanging scroll, ink and colour on paper/ Height 110 cm; Width 27.5 cm/ Collection of the Hong Kong Heritage Museum;
- $3: Flower and Butterfly-JU Lian (1828 - 1904)/ Geng Zi Year (1900)/ Fan, ink and colour on paper/ Height 18 cm; Width 52 cm/ Collection of the Hong Kong Heritage Museum;
- $5: Figures in Pure Line Drawing (detail)-GU Huai (Qing dynasty)/ Handscroll, ink on paper/ Width 31 cm; Length 200 cm/ Collection of the University Museum and Art Gallery, The University of Hong Kong.
Remark:Nice real posted FDC by my friend from Hongkong.Thanks a lot.