Issue Date:28th NOV 2008.
Details:India Post issued a stamp in the denomination of Rs 5 on Saint Joseph's Boys High School on its 150th anniversary on November 28, 2008.
- St Joseph's Boys' High School, Bangalore (formerly St Joseph's European High School) was founded in 1858, initially to offer to European and Anglo-Indian families the advantage of a liberal education.
- This was subsequently extended post Indian Independence in the 1950s and 1960s to include students from all walks of life irrespective of race, religion or caste.
- Brahm Prakash designed the Stamp and the First Day Cover.
- Alka Sharma designed the pictorial first day postmark. Brochure containing write-up and technical data was issued on the occasion.
- The First Day Cover and the Brochure are priced at Rs 2 each.
- Security Printing Press, Hyderabad printed the stamp by wet offset in the quantities of 0.4 million.
- St.Joseph’s Boy’s High School is a school which prepares men and women who will give themselves in service to the others,to strive for excellence and not just competitiveness.Faith and toll is the motto of the school.
Remark:India post is very much in sorry affairs-No Stamps,FDC or Brochures are available in the Philatelic Bureau.Bad for a Serious Real posted FDC collector like myself .I am not able to send FDC to my exchange partner in time.I do not think it is going to improve in future unless there is a change in Government.