- Name of Stamp: Endemic Butterflies of Andaman & Nicobar Island.
- Today The 1st set of Stamp of 2008 is issued by Indiapost.A minature Sheet with 4v and sheetlet with 24v stamps is issued.
- There is about 225 species, the Andaman & Nicobar Islands house some of the larger and most spectacular butterflies of the world. Ten species are endemic to these Islands. This set of stamps portrays male and female of 2 endemic butterflies -- Andaman Mormon (Papilio Mayo) and Andaman Club Tail (Pachliopta Rhodifer).
- The stamps are printed in the sheetlets of 24. There are 5 different sheetlets, one with block of 4 different stamps, and 4 with one design each. A miniature sheet is also part of the issue .
- Suresh Kumer designed the Stamp and the First Day Cover. Alka Sharma designed the pictorial first day postmark.
- Brochure containing write-up and technical data was issued on the occasion. The First Day Cover and the Brochure are priced at Rs 2 each. India Security Press, Nasik printed the stamps by photogravure in the quantity 3 million. The miniature sheet is printed in the quantity of 0.2 million.
Jan 2, 2008
Endemic butterflies of Andaman & Nicobar Island ( 2nd JAN'2008)
Stamp Collecting Links - The best stamp collecting websites on the internet